As this week is Thanksgiving week, I just thought I would take a moment, after reading a dear sister in Christ’s blog about giving thanks, I thought I best be taking up some of that and giving my own thanks.
- I am thankful for my salvation, for without salvation, I would spend the rest of my life in hell.
- I am thankful for my husband. The man that works hard even when I have a hard time seeing it, when I have the poor-me attitudes and when I want to give up. He reminds me of having a bit of Faith, and some time out from the world is all that I need.
- I am thankful for my home. It might be small in comparison to others, but it is warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. It has windows that open and close, and a yard for my children and soon-to-be grand child can play. It has strong walls and a roof that does not leak.
- I am thankful for my daughter Casey, and my three sons, Cody, Adam, and Jonah. They make my world go round. The make me laugh, scream, and cry. They make me smile, groan, and appreciate life.
- I am very thankful for our current pastor, and the pastors we have sat under over the years. I am thankful they are unyielding and will step on toes that need to be stepped on, and a shoulder to lean on when a sheep is hurting. I am thankful they are strong and willing to stay true to the precepts of what the bible teaches.
1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalms 105:1 O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.